Scavenger bookshelf hunt I found this from nose stuck in a book
She found this blog from: Dream Land Book Blog
Find the items from your bookshelves, the more you find the better. I am hoping that I will find every single one.
So, here’s the list:
- Find an author’s name or title with the letter Z in it.
- Find a classic
- Find a book with a key on it
- Find something on your bookshelf that’s not a book
- Find the oldest book on your shelf
- Find a book with a girl on the cover
- Find a book with a boy on the cover
- Find a book that has an animal in it
- Find a book with a male protagonist
- Find a book with only words on it
- Find a book with illustrations in it
- Find a book with gold lettering
- Find a diary (true or false)
- Find a book written by someone with a common name (like Smith)
- Find a book that has a close up of something on it
- Find a book on your shelf that takes place in the earliest time period
- Find a hardcover book without a jacket
- Find a teal/turquoise colored book
- Find a book with stars on it
- Find a non-YA book
- Find the longest book you own
- Find the shortest book you own
- Find a book with multiple POVs
- Find a shiny book
- Find a book with flowers on it
1.) An author with the letter Z in their name: F. Scott Fitzgerald
2.) A classic: Dracula
3.) A book with a Key on it…well, apparently I own no books with keys on them 😦
4.) Something on your bookshelf that’s not a book: I keep family pictures on the top of my bookshelves. I’ve been thinking of buying some funko pops stranger things though…
5.) Find the oldest book on your bookshelf: The Wicked Pigeon Ladies. It was actually renamed and the version we have is no longer in print.
6.) Find a book with a girl on the cover: Well this one is too easy! So, of course, I’m going with my own!
7.) A book with a boy on the cover: Well if you say so…;)
8.) A book that has an animal in it: I’m guessing in the story?? Harry Potter has Hedgwig.
9.) A book with a male protagonist: The Giver
10.) A Book with only words on it: Illuminae
11.) A book with illustrations in it: The edition I got of Carmilla came with a lot of illustrations in it.
12.) A Book with gold lettering: Maybe I should have used the last answer for this, but another book I have with gold lettering is my hardback copy of A Dances with Dragons
13.) Find a diary…my daughter keeps lots of diaries.
14.) Find a book with an author with a common name: Sarah Stein
15.) A book with a close up of something on it: Double Identity. It has a double helix.
16.) Book on my shelf that takes time in the earliest time period: Lysistrata, can’t get any older than ancient Greece right? This play is hilarious, I highly recommend it!
17.) Hardcover book without a Jacket: A Light in the Attic, I’m bad with dust jackets
18.) A teal or turquoise book: In real life, this book looks more turquoise, I haven’t read it yet, it’s on my TBR list.
19.) A Book with stars on it: The Cosmos (my husband loves non-fiction science)
20.) A non-YA book. Well, that is too easy…I have my pick for certain.
21.) The longest book I own: My husband has a thing for very long books. Me…not so much
22.) Shortest book I own: According to goodreads last year it was Custom Fit so I’m going to assume they are correct.
23.) A Book with multiple POVs: Game of Thrones
24.) A Shiny book: The copy of Warcross I have is very shiny!
25.) A book with flowers on it: Ok so technically I don’t have this book anymore, but I used to so I’m using it.