I got this tag from awbreereads Thanks! This was a fun tag!
1. Half of the lights on the Christmas tree are burnt out – Name a book/series/character that started out well and then went downhill.
For me, this would be American God’s. It started off interesting, and the writing was good, but then the plot just started to meander around and I lost interest.
2. Annoying relatives won’t leave you alone – Name a book that you did not enjoy but everyone else seems to love, and it will not stop haunting you.
Unfortunately, this is sooo many books for me. Like the one mentioned above. I’ll go with Sharp Objects.
3. Your pets keep knocking over your Christmas decorations – Name a character that kept on messing everything up for everyone.
I’m going to go with Rick Grimes. My husband doesn’t agree, but it seems like everything is fine for the people he bumps into and once he gets there his decisions turn everything to crap.
4. You hear your parents putting presents out and learn that Father Christmas is not real – Name a book you were spoiled for.
I feel like I heard everything there was to know about Hunger Games before I even read it.
5. It’s freezing outside – Name a character you just couldn’t warm to.
Bah humbug! I’m feeling like the Grinch lol. I feel like this could be a few characters as well! But I’ll choose the one I dislike the least…
(Although let me say Laia from An Ember in the Ashes is a close second. )
6. Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ is being played a lot on the radio, giving you anti-romantic feelings – Name a couple that you just could not stand.
Laia and Elias from Ember in the Ashes. Terrible couple. Could have been way more interesting love interests getting together. My thing is if there is a love triangle do the characters really love anyone?
7. The scratchy homemade jumper that you got for Christmas years ago but have never worn – A book that has been sitting on your shelf for years that you are not motivated to read, but do not have the heart to get rid of.
I only keep books I read. Life is to short not to read a book and not get the money back at 1/2 price and buy a better one. Although I have a leatherbound Sherlock I haven’t read yet, but I plan to.
8. Grandma has gotten run over by a reindeer – Name a character death that you are still mad about.
I was really upset that Fred Weasley died in Harry Potter. I think it had something to do with the fact they were twins and the comedy relief of the books.
9. Shops are overcrowded with shoppers for the holidays – Name a series with too many books, or that went on too long.
This is a hard one…I guess Twilight?
10. The Grinch – Name a main character that you absolutely hate (not a villain).
Ok this is a new one. Herry from The Picture of Dorian Grey. Hated that guy. Bad influence and terrible person all around.
As always I tag whoever wants to join in!